Monday, August 6, 2012

RAW Preview


It's Monday! That means three hours of wrestling. Ok I guess maybe an hour of recaps and videos plus two hours of wrestling. Well maybe an hour of wrestling with recaps, videos, and promos. 30 minutes of wrestling? I hope so.

It's HBK day on RAW tonight, but it might be all off camera for the live Texas crowd. If that happens then it is a blown opportunity by the WWE. I don't care if you can only get HBK in front of a camera to shill his merch, it is always a ratings boost. My fingers are crossed that he gets involved in the Brock Lesnar & HHH feud.

Speaking of the terminator, Brock is going to be in the house. That should mean some kind of live action this week instead of 5 recaps from RAW 1000. Probably only 3 recaps this week. Then again if he appears live this week that will mean 5 recaps next week. Pretty soon this kind of build is going to make me DVR RAW just so I can fast forward through this and watch the commercials. Then again that might be the plan.

I feel like I am going crazy like Daniel Bryan. He continues verbally sparring with AJ Lee, and AJ keeps crushing Bryan with her endless supply of massive monsters. Kane is an anger management therapist, and Charlie Sheen is his buddy. Daniel point on the booking sheet where creative touched you.

Albert Del Rio will continue to tell us he won't wrestle, and then he will wrestle. Makes me believe him when he says he is going to win the World title. Here's an idea ADR, don't wrestle! Do some heelish things like roll out of the ring when bell tolls, and walk out instead of wrestling, or don't come out when your music plays. Maybe even stage a sit in in your nice car in the parking lot. How about having RR get you DQ'd as the bell rings by hitting your opponent with a chair and then the two of you destroy that person. All of these avoid wrestling a match, get you over as a heel, and help you keep your word until Summer Slam. Come on man!

Randy Orton, the viper with a hash pipe, is back! He'll demolish somebody else tonight. I am guessing it is Jack Swagger. He hasn't taken an RKO in months. Must be good for backstage morale that a guy can get strike two and comes back with a bigger push than half the talent that toes the line. If I was an undercard wrestler I would try to give Orton some weed brownies at the catering table.

Finally it is CM Punk feuding with AJ Lee as John Cena continues his feud with Big Show by both facing the champ at Summer Slam in a triple threat match. That is some world class weaving of storylines. I actually like it, especially if it keeps the strap off Cena for a few months. I am still holding out for a Punk vs. Rock match at Royal Rumble. AJ Lee establishing herself against Bryan and Punk might be a good thing down the line, but right now it is a bumpy start. I hope tonight, take 2 of AJ the GM goes better.

Check back tomorrow for a review of tonight's show. I'll be checking it out on DVR, but will try to tweet my live thoughts. That is if I'm not tossing my phone against the wall during the 4th HHH/Brock recap promo.

To keep you calm check out this video prepping for the upcoming CM Punk DVD:

No comments:

Post a Comment