Sunday, February 17, 2013

Rhodes Scholars ReUnion Tour


I mentioned this picture in my Crystal Ball post on Friday. It seems that the break up of Team Rhodes Scholars might have been short lived. They even have reunion shirts. The duo got paired again during a panel with the New Age Outlaws last weekend.

While some think this was for the event, the idea of a reunion for a barely established team is awesome. Not only will it sell merch, but I think it could do a lot for the team. Both Sandow and Rhodes have great personas, but this is a terrific wrinkle. I hope the smartest team in the WWE is back in action.

I also hope it is against the New Age Outlaws. Both Road Dogg and Billy Gunn are working for the WWE offices these days. They have been on house shows as an added treat. The rumor I hear is that they are being kept off TV because the WWE believes they are way past their prime. Has the WWE brass watched Khali wrestle?

While NAO may not be the team they used to be, they have enough knowledge in the tag division to help build the titles back from the scorched earth the WWE has left the tag straps in. They don't need to have the titles, but they can teach new teams how to be champions. I for one am fully behind a short WrestleMania run for the Outlaws ... even more so against Team Rhodes Scholars.

I also found this shoot interview by Billy Gunn and Road Dogg. It is an audio interview, enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment